All the workers who partake in your forklift hire need to understand the safety rules of using such a piece of equipment. Electric forklift hires need to undergo proper training to know the rules and regulations, which will make your life easier. If the forklift is not handled properly, then the safety of the workers and bystanders will be at a huge risk. According to FourCreeds, We have curated a few important safety tips for people looking for forklift hire in Sydney, Adelaide, and Melbourne.
- If you are in an enclosed space with tight corners, drive the forklift at a safe speed. Driving at high speeds will cause the equipment to turn over.
- Do not play around with your electric forklift inappropriately. Make sure that the equipment is stored out of the way and do not turn it on when it’s not needed.
- Put on the seat belt as soon as you get on the seat. Inform the supervisor if the equipment does not have a seat belt. It’s better not to use the equipment until the seat belt is fixed.
- Do not use electric forklifts for any other purpose than what it is intended for.
- A quick refresher course should be conducted for those workers who have not worked with a forklift recently. This will boost their confidence and ensure the safety of others.
- If you do not have workers who have experience with certain tasks using forklifts. Hire a qualified operator to perform those tasks.
- Equipment is prone to more damage when an unqualified worker operates it. Make sure all the workers have proper qualifications and training before handling the equipment.
- To ensure safety at all times, look for an electric forklift hire that features safety cages. A safety cage will protect the operator from any serious injury if at all the equipment turns over.
- If the equipment is dealing with lifting heavy objects outdoors, the safety cages will protect the operator from any serious injury and from falling debris.
- Maintain a record of any incident that takes place with the equipment regardless of the fault as the rental companies will request a detailed report.
- Make sure you follow all the necessary safety regulations for your electric forklift hire for the safety of your workers and other bystanders.
- These rules and regulations are in place to ensure that everyone working around. The forklift is safe and secure from any kind of injury.
- Forklift hire services from a recognized brand will assure you quality customer service and satisfaction.
EForklift is a specialized dealer in Melbourne for forklift hires. They have highly qualified experts who provide the best quality services. With an industry experience of more than 30 years, they assure great customer service and satisfaction. They are headquartered in Melbourne and have branches in Sydney and Adelaide. Contact them on 1800 336 757 or write to them at email@example.com. To get expert advice on forklift hire in Sydney, forklift hire in Adelaide. And forklift for hire in Melbourne.