Before knowing how to fix broken links in Sitecore we need to understand what is Sitecore, why almost all scale companies use Sitecore, and how Sitecore works.
What is Sitecore?
Sitecore is a content management system (CMS) and customer experience platform (CXP) that enables businesses to deliver personalized content and digital experiences to their customers. It is used by organizations to build and maintain websites and to manage the content, data, and media that is presented on those websites. Sitecore includes tools for content authoring, management, and delivery, as well as features for customer segmentation, analytics, and marketing automation. It is designed to help organizations create consistent and relevant experiences for their customers across multiple channels and devices.
Sitecore is a top digital experience platform used by big or small-scale companies all over the world to design seamless, customized digital experiences. Sitecore is a platform that combines.net CMS, online shopping, and digital marketing capabilities. The Sitecore Experience Platform (XP), the company’s flagship product, integrates Sitecore Experience Manager and Sitecore Experience Database into one potent content management system (CMS) (xDB).
Every update to Sitecore introduces fresh, cutting-edge features for its users. Through Sitecore Experience Commerce, the platform for cloud-first digital experiences now provides shopping options. Given that it’s frequently referred to as a web content management platform, it seems sensible that people often wonder what Sitecore is. Sitecore received good marks from Gartner in their Gartner Magic Quadrant 2022 report, and they have since recognized the program.
Some key features of Sitecore include:
- Content authoring and management: Sitecore provides a rich set of tools for creating, editing, and publishing content. It also includes features for version control, workflow management, and approval processes.
- Personalization: Sitecore allows you to deliver personalized experiences to your customers by segmenting them based on their behaviors, interests, and demographics. You can use this information to deliver targeted content and offers.
- Analytics and insights: Sitecore provides detailed analytics and insights into how your customers are interacting with your website and digital experiences. This information can help you to optimize and improve your digital strategy.
- Marketing automation: Sitecore includes tools for automating marketing campaigns and activities, such as email marketing, lead nurturing, and lead scoring.
- E-commerce: Sitecore has built-in support for e-commerce, including tools for managing products, orders, and customer data.
- Integration: Sitecore can be easily integrated with other systems and tools, such as CRM systems, social media platforms, and marketing automation software.
There are several ways to fix broken links in Sitecore:
Use the Link database:
Sitecore has a built-in link database that can help you find and fix broken links. To access the link database, go to the Sitecore menu and select Link database.
Use the Check links tool:
Sitecore provides a Check links tool that can help you find and fix broken links or we can say dead links. To use this tool, go to the Sitecore menu and select Check links.
Use the Link provider:
Sitecore’s Link provider is a service that can be used to generate links to items in the content tree. If a link is broken, the Link provider will automatically generate a new link to the correct item.
Use the Link fixer:
Sitecore’s Link fixer is a tool that can be used to fix broken links automatically. To use this tool, go to the Sitecore menu and select Link fixer.
Manually update the links:
If the above methods do not work, you may need to manually update the links. To do this, find the item that contains the broken link and edit the link to point to the correct item.
It is important to fix broken links in Sitecore. Because they can negatively impact the user experience and SEO of your website. And it’s important to protect your website from Negative SEO By using the tools and techniques described above. You can quickly and easily identify and fix broken links in Sitecore.