FourCreeds suggest that you read this guide carefully if you own precious stones and want to find out how to polish gemstones effectively and without damaging them, as I will provide you with useful information on how to polish precious stones with a few easy measures, using the right products (often natural) and without investing in inflated economic figures. Bear in mind, first of all, that both polishing and regularly cleaning precious jewels can be used for the treatment listed below.
How to polish gemstones?
First of all, keep it in mind that the use of simple Marseille soap, ideally liquid, is appropriate for most precious stones to dissolve in a plastic container filled with cold water. By allowing them to soak for 7-10 minutes. You can clean and polish a large number of soft stones (such as amber).
This way, then brush the stones properly with the aid of a soft toothbrush and dry them well with a hairdryer (low temperature) at the end. For hard stones, you can use the same care. Rubies and diamonds, for instance (the latter may also be washed and polished with special items to be bought at a jewellery store).
Steps to polish stones with sandpaper:
- You can polish any kind, but some have certain characteristics that make them easier to polish. Choose the correct stone or rock.
- Those that are more quickly polished are the softer ones, while the hard ones require more time, although it can also be done.
- Use soap and water to wash the stone and make it clean. The bristle brush can be used to scrape any embedded soil. Dry it without rubbing with a soft-touch rag.
- If you want the stone to have another form, use a hammer or small chisel to give it to him. Wear reflective glasses at all times so that the rest goes to your eyes. It is recommended that you wear gloves for protection.
- Pick 50-grit sandpaper for polishing stones, which is the hardest or thickest and is ideal for this form of material.
- Rub the sandpaper over any curves or curves that you want to smooth out. If all the stone is to your taste, move the sandpaper over the entire surface so that it can be thoroughly polished.
- Apply 150 grit sandpaper to clean the stone if it is scratched. The sandpaper from the preceding measures leaves a mark on certain occasions, and you must use this to erase it. It’s not irreparable; you can get rid of every imperfection with the 150.
- With 300 or 600 grit sandpaper, the last sanding should be finished, which is very fine. It does not leave scratches and any imperfection left by any of the previous sandpaper is fixed.
- You will find it in any hardware store to finish polishing stones. Rub it with a piece of leather that you have smeared with a metal polisher.
- A few times, clean the leather and not only will the red one be fully brushed but also very shiny.
- Do not use a coloured polisher as a final suggestion, as it will stain the stone.
With a special product, polish the Emeralds
It is better to polish the emeralds with a special non-aggressive product. Being a very fragile stone, ideally to be bought at a jewellery store (the polishing items can also be bought at large renowned shopping malls). They tend to chip quickly (also avoid using natural products such as lemons or baking soda) and avoid wetting the emeralds often with water, being very delicate.
Polish with natural resources
With the aid of natural ingredients, such as lemon and warm water, some forms of precious stones, like jade, can be easily polished. Simply combine the juice of half a lemon with a glass of water. To allow the jade to soak for 4/5 minutes to create a mixture suitable for polishing this particular stone. Rinse with plenty of cold water and a small amount of Marseille soap at the end and gently clean with a gentle clean.
Regularly clean the stones
I advise you to clean them regularly. Following the above process at least 1-2 times a month. To prevent the stones from turning black or losing their natural shine over time. They will always keep your precious stones clean and shiny.
- Portable Bose Bluetooth Speakers: Top Picks for On-The-Go Sound - March 9, 2023
- 07 Awe-Inspiring Tops for Little Girls to Spice up Any Wardrobe! - February 24, 2023
- Get the Inside Scoop: Upcoming Smartphones in India 2023 - February 4, 2023