One of the most famous poses in the field of yoga is the adho mukha svanasana or the downward-facing dog pose; this is that pose that helps one to strengthen the core portion of their body and improves the blood circulation in the body. This works directly for the body muscles and the bicep portion making it stretch and giving it a tone shaping. This pose has many other benefits in total, thus let us first learn what this pose is all about.
The 200 Hour Online Yoga Teacher Training Courseconsiders this as a modern form of yoga which is also a part of the Surya namaskar. This asana mainly focuses on strengthening the hamstring muscles and the calf muscles which are part of the legs. This asana is also said to be beneficial for pregnant women but there is a controversy in that matter as well. Like Matsayasan this is one of the most recognized yoga in the world and also recognized around the world for several reasons.
How to do Adho Mukha Svanasana?
Doing this asana is very easy if it is done properly. All one needs to do is follow the steps that are listed below: –
- In Adho Mukha Svanasana, Be on your fours with the hands about 3 inches apart from the shoulder and the shoulder wide apart. The pose is similar to the dog’s position so you can have a rough imagination.
- Then slowly align the wrist in a way so that it is parallel to you and then the next step is to look down between the legs hole keeping both your hands evenly.
- Keep the knuckles grounded towards you as much as possible and press the fingertips very gently to pull the forearms to the front end of the room.
- The triceps must be forward keeping the triceps in the midline.
- When you engage in your upper arms do roll up the inner ups o the arm towards the wall in the front of you.
- Then the next step is to inhale deeply and then tuck the toes under and then slowly exhale.
- Then look straight to the leg straight and maintain a figure where your hip- and the width is parallel and apart from each other.
- The head must be easy and hung free without any pressure or tension.
- Hold this position and maintain the hand and the arms straight and the position should be stiff without getting loose.
- If there is a problem in the lower back like it’s loose or rounded you can also bend the knees slightly and this will allow the sitting bones to be straight and be backed up.
- Hold the position for a minute to two and keep inhaling and exhaling deeply.
Every yoga pose has certain precautions that one surely must take. This yoga pose similarly has few and we shall now discuss those only. The first one has to be to check in if there is any injury in the wrist or the shoulder. Because the wrist or the shoulder is fragile then it can be problematic for one to form. The wrist and the shoulder must be in a good position and strong enough to hold the body. Next is if you are someone who is in this pose while you are pregnant then definitely first consult a doctor and then move forward to do the same.
Also, do it under the supervision of an expert, and also if you are in your late pregnancy then you can also avoid it as the Yoga School in Rishikesh experts advise so. Next, if you are someone who is having high blood pressure or headache again you need to consult the doctor and continue the pose. The next up is if there is any uneasiness while you are doing this pose the practice must be stopped immediately. Otherwise, the only precaution is to take it very slow and steady and do not rush while performing his as that may cause accidents which may also lead to injury.
Benefits of Adho Mukha Svnasana-
- In Adho Mukha Svanasana, Tones the core- As stated by the online yoga teacher training course the pose tone the core of the body and also works on the lower abdominal region which helps in the engagement of the core. This asana strengthens the core and then helps in shedding fat from the abdomen area as well.
- Works on the legs- This asana also works best for your legs because it stretches them and makes the hamstrings strong and tight. The muscles there will feel much stronger and hard as you work out completely in this pose with the backs stretched and opened up.
- Strengthen the arms- Needless to say, this poses works on the arms. The arms are suspected and thus this is great as improving the upper body. The arms again must be pressed to that mat tightly and there should be no movement in there.
- Stretches the back- No doubt this pose will absolutely stretch the back and work on any issue there. This pose also helps in reducing the back pain and stretches the spine which again helps in improving the oxygen supply there.
- Improves body posture- The Pose helps in fighting any sort of problem that one faces due to bad posture. Backache, spine pain, etc is reduced when you work on this pose. The pose helps in improving the posture and also keeps one motivated and happy when it is performed regularly.
- Improves blood flow to the brain- the pose improves the blood circulation in the entire body as well to the brain because o the upside position that one takes in while performing the pose. This also releases positive energy and makes one focused and thus reduces any sort of tension or neck pain as well.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana Strengthen the bones- The pose overall works positively for the body and thus also helps in strengthening the bones and muscles. The pose develops the bones and makes them even stronger and prevents the body from many types of bones related problems o diseases. Thus this pose is one of the most practices pose and is also considered as the beginner’s pose for many advanced level yoga asanas.
- Can You Charge Apple Pencil with iPhone? - May 17, 2023
- Most Profitable Small Business Opportunities in Canada - April 21, 2023
- Pros and Cons of Wearing Post-Surgery Shapewear - April 11, 2023